Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Win The Day Against The Great White.

Did You Ever Experienced The White Paper Syndrome? 

Wow, who doesn't right?! We are constantly expected to spit out astonishing ideas.

Coming up with a outstanding creative results and literally have a never ending supply of creative energy can be a friend or a foe.

Well, yeah you have it, I have it and probably everyone who decided to make a living in the creative industry has it too. Never the less we must handle it, one way or another in order to get anywhere at all. We must beat the "great white" as I use to call it.

I guess thanks to my Mom who was a shop decorator in the old days, I am kinda blessed with new creative ideas, coming into my mind on a regular basis.

Trust me it wasn't always a blessing being hooked on every thing what seam to be the next best thing, thinking if I could just ad this to it, it will be the greatest thing on earth.

How ever there are times when I should come up with a new idea and my never ending idea factory of seam to be closed and anyone working there is just on vacation.

I figured 3 ways to trigger new ideas. And in this post I wanna share them with you. They might not work for everyone but may be helpful for you.

Here are the three triggers to overcome creative blocks. 

Tip No. 1) Get up from your desk, go out and have a coffee in a Home for the Elderly. Find a person who sits alone or a group of two and asked if they mind you joining them for a cup of coffee. Just have a chat with them. Yes, tell them that you currently out of ideas for what ever project you are working on.

You will be amazed what old people can come up with. The hard thing for you probably is to really do it. But after you managed to get into a coffee chat for a few times it becomes one of these wonderful great things we eventually remember when we arrived where the old people are today.

Tip No. 2) Got to the (old fashion) Video rental shop and spend at least 30 minutes inside. Check out the DVD/Video covers, you might even find an old blockbuster to bring home. Don't watch the movie on your Mac or PC. Big Trouble in Little China with Kurt Russel worked quite well for me once by the way.

Tip No. 3) Go to an animals farm or animals shelter and spend some time there. If you already have a dog or a cat just observe their behavior for a while. Forget everything that might bother you for a while.  Animals are pretty much inspiring if you figure to see them with open eyes so to speak.

Hope this post is helpful to you and feel free to drop me a line when ever you have a question about how to make it as Freelancer. I love to help you out.

All my best Kalli.